Saturday, December 25, 2010

Why is this blog called, "The Rib Shack?"

If you don't see any barbecue around, don't worry.  You're still in the right place.  The Rib Shack is a place for the discussion of theology, religion, spirituality, and religious cultural issues.  I created it as a secondary blog to keep religious posts off my primary blog, which is mainly about more mundane things, like my daily non- and misadventures.  I didn't think everyone who might want to get to the theological, spiritual posts would want to wander through the mire of my daily musings on things like autoimmune disease, cats, and knitting, and I thought people who want to read about those things might not really care what I think about various Bible versions or Christian customs and practice.  I'm sure there will be people who don't care about either, but the cure for that is a simple one.

So.  Being a woman, I'm one of those rib-people, as the opening passages of Genesis tell us.  I hope on this blog a lot of ideas and issues get thoughtfully marinated, and a lot of things that have been cooking slowly for a long time get shared.  I may get basted and barbecued along the way over some of my opinions.  But, I'm a Rib, and this is my cyber shack.

No comments:

Post a Comment